Yellow vege curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 450g firm tofu
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut in pieces
- 1 cup broccoli, cut in pieces
- 3 carrots, cut in half lengthways, then into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- optional garnishes: fresh chillies, fresh coriandercilantroX, shredded kaffir lime leaves
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Cook brown rice following packet directions.
- Heat sesame oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Cook tofu until brown on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To pan add cauliflower, broccoli and carrots and stir-fry for 5 minutes until vegetables start to brown. Add curry paste and stir to coat, cooking for about 1 minute.
- Add coconut water. Reduce heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes until liquid has reduced. Add tofu, fish sauce and brown sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes until tofu is warmed through. Serve on cooked rice with garnishes (if using).
Make it vegetarian: Omit fish sauce.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry paste and tofu.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us