Yellow vege curry
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 450g firm tofu
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut in pieces
- 1 cup broccoli, cut in pieces
- 3 carrots, cut in half lengthways, then into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 ½ cups coconut water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- optional garnishes: fresh chillies, fresh coriandercilantroX, shredded kaffir lime leaves
- Cook brown rice following packet directions.
- Heat sesame oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Cook tofu until brown on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To pan add cauliflower, broccoli and carrots and stir-fry for 5 minutes until vegetables start to brown. Add curry paste and stir to coat, cooking for about 1 minute.
- Add coconut water. Reduce heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes until liquid has reduced. Add tofu, fish sauce and brown sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes until tofu is warmed through. Serve on cooked rice with garnishes (if using).
Make it vegetarian: Omit fish sauce.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry paste and tofu.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.