Almond and apricot quinoa with chai chicken
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, sliced in strips
- 1 tablespoon mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 70g sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 600g frozen green vegetables, steamed
- fresh mint, to garnish (optional)
1 Cook quinoa following packet directions. Coat chicken with mixed spice. Heat oil in frying pan and cook chicken over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
2 Drain quinoa and toss with almonds, apricots, capsicum, orange zest and juice. Place chicken on top of quinoa and serve with greens. Garnish with fresh mint (if using).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 12g
Make it gluten free: Check mixed spice is gluten free
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.