Barbecued kumara salad with miso-grilled lamb
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 200g purple kumarasweet-potatoX, cut in wedges
- spray oil
- 200g broccolini or 2½ cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups baby spinach or rocketarugulaX
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon mirin (see tips)
- 240g lamb leg steaks or cutlets
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds, to serve
- black pepper
Total fat 29g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Heat a barbecue grill or a grill pan to medium-high. In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, steam or microwave kumara wedges for 5-8 minutes, until just tender. Remove, spray with oil and place on grill with broccolini. Cook, turning, for about 5 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Then add spinach or rocket.
2 In a small bowl, combine orange juice and zest, vinegar and olive oil. Set aside.
3 In a cup, combine miso paste and mirin and spread over lamb. Cook lamb, turning, on the grill for 2-4 minutes, until cooked to your liking.
4 Add dressing to vegetables and toss to coat. Slice lamb. Serve salad topped with lamb and any juices, sprinkled with pumpkin seeds and seasoned with black pepper.
Make it gluten free: Check miso and mirin are gluten free.
If you can’t find mirin, use 1 teaspoon sugar instead.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us