Vegetable burgers with kumara wedges
- 700g kumarasweet-potatoX, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- oil spray
- 1 large red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 large eggplantaubergineX (around 400g), sliced into 12–16 rounds
- 4 crusty wholegrain bread rolls, halved horizontally
- 4 tablespoon pesto
- 3 cups baby rocketarugulaX leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 125g ball reduced-fat mozzarella, sliced
1 Preheat the oven to 210°C/fan 190°C/gas 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2 Put the sweet potato wedges on to the tray, spray with oil and bake for 25 min or until golden and tender.
3 Meanwhile, heat the barbecue to a medium-high heat. Spray a heavy-based frying pan with oil and cook the onion for 6–7 min, turning once, until softened. Sprinkle with one-third of the herbs and toss to coat. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
4 Lightly spray the eggplant slices with oil and cook, in batches if necessary, on the barbecue for 3–4 min on each side until golden and cooked. Sprinkle the slices on both sides with the remaining herbs.
5 Put the bread roll bases on to four plates. Spread each with pesto, then add the rocket, tomato slices, eggplant, mozzarella and the onion rings. Add a roll top to each and serve with the wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13.4g
–Saturated fat 4.2g
Dietary fibre 12.1g
Last updated date: 6 November 2020
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information