(at time of publication)
- 450g lean beef mince
- ½ cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- ½ cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 courgette, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Use your hands to mix all ingredients together well in a large bowl. Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper and press mixture into tin. Smooth the top evenly.
2 Place in oven and cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until juices run clear. (If you have a meat thermometer, check the internal temperature of your meat loaf has reached a temperature of 74°C for at least 15 seconds.) Serve.
Make it a meal
Make this meat loaf a complete meal by serving with at least 2 cups salad or 1 1/2 cups cooked vegetables, and some potatoes, rice or pasta. A classic meal combination is meat loaf served with mashed potatoes, a little gravy or chutney and some steamed green veges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.