Beef ratatouille pasta
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 400g extra-lean beef mince
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium-sized eggplantaubergineX (250g), chopped in 1cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, chopped in 1cm pieces
- 1 courgette, chopped in 1cm pieces
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 250g spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, torn
- 8 cups salad greens with a little vinaigrette (made with 3 parts balsamic vinegar, 1 part oil)
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Place a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Add mince and brown, using a wooden spoon to break up any lumps. Once browned, remove mince from pan, cover and set aside.
2 Respray pan with oil and add onion. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add eggplant, capsicum and courgette and cook for 1 minute over a high heat.
3 Return browned mince to pan with vegetables. Add tomatoes, oregano and vinegar. Bring to the boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until cooked.
4 Meanwhile, cook pasta following packet directions. Drain then add to mince mixture. Top with ricotta and basil and serve with salad.
Make it gluten free: Check ground oregano is gluten free and use gluten-free pasta.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us