Beef sang choy baoReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavoured oil
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, chopped or 2 teaspoons prepared ginger
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 4 cups mixed vegetables such as sliced red cabbage, sliced carrot and broccoli, or use brocoslaw or coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice, to serve
1 Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add mince and cook with ginger until evenly browned.
2 Add spring onions and sauces. Cook for a few minutes. Add vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes so vegetables are still crunchy. Add peanuts.
3 Allow everyone to make their own with mince mixture in lettuce cups and roll up to eat. Serve with rice.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information