Beef Thai salad
(at time of publication)
- Thai dressing/marinade
- 1-2 teaspoons chilli paste or
- 1-2 red chillis (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 600g eye fillet or sirloin beef
- 4 medium potatoes, skins on, cubed
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ red capsicum, finely sliced
- 130g (1 ¼ cups) mung bean sprouts
- 4 cups mesclun salad mix
- 1 large handful coriandercilantroX
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon honey
1 Combine dressing/marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Cut the beef into thin strips and place in a medium bowl. Pour half the dressing over the beef and marinate for at least 30 minutes (or vernight) in the fridge.
2 Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with water and boil until tender (test with a knife). While the potatoes are cooking toss salad ingredients into a large bowl.
3 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the peanuts and honey and toss until the peanuts are golden (be careful not to burn them). Remove from the pan and set aside.
4 Using the same pan, cook the beef to your liking, remove from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes. Add the potatoes to the salad and serve with the beef, a sprinkle of peanuts and some extra Thai dressing.
Make it gluten free: Check soy and fish sauces are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us