Beef Thai saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- Thai dressing/marinade
- 1-2 teaspoons chilli paste or
- 1-2 red chillis (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 600g eye fillet or sirloin beef
- 4 medium potatoes, skins on, cubed
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ red capsicum, finely sliced
- 130g (1 ¼ cups) mung bean sprouts
- 4 cups mesclun salad mix
- 1 large handful coriandercilantroX
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon honey
1 Combine dressing/marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Cut the beef into thin strips and place in a medium bowl. Pour half the dressing over the beef and marinate for at least 30 minutes (or vernight) in the fridge.
2 Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with water and boil until tender (test with a knife). While the potatoes are cooking toss salad ingredients into a large bowl.
3 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the peanuts and honey and toss until the peanuts are golden (be careful not to burn them). Remove from the pan and set aside.
4 Using the same pan, cook the beef to your liking, remove from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes. Add the potatoes to the salad and serve with the beef, a sprinkle of peanuts and some extra Thai dressing.
Make it gluten free: Check soy and fish sauces are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information