- 700g baby beetrootbeetsX, peeled, trimmed and cut into small chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers
- ¼ cup fresh dill, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil edible flowers, to garnish
- 4 mixed grain bread rolls, to serve
1 In a large pot, place beetroot, cover with water and set over a high heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat, reserve and chill cooking liquid and place beetroot in an ice bath for 10 minutes.
2 In a blender or food processor, place all beetroot but one (reserved for garnish) and 2 cups of the reserved cooking liquid. Add garlic, half of the onion,
2 of the cucumbers (roughly chopped), dill, vinegar, salt and pepper. Blend until very smooth. Place in fridge for 5 minutes.
3 Finely dice avocado and remaining beetroot, onion and cucumber and chop dill.
4 Pour chilled soup into 4 bowls. Top with garnishes and drizzle with oil. Serve immediately with bread rolls.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Serve with gluten-free bread roll.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us