Cheese-topped mushrooms with smashed pumpkin
(at time of publication)
- 800g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 extra teaspoons
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 egg white
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan
- 8 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed and kept
- cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches broccolini, chopped or 2 cups broccoli florets
- ¼ cup fresh basil, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place pumpkin on 1 tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine ricotta, thyme, egg white and half of the parmesan. Finely chop mushroom stems and fold them through ricotta mixture. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Fill mushroom caps with ricotta mixture. Transfer to second prepared tray. Scatter over remaining parmesan. Bake for the last 20-25 minutes of pumpkin cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in a small non-stick frying pan heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high. Cook rosemary, pine nuts and chilli, stirring, until golden.
- Transfer roasted pumpkin to a bowl and mash roughly with a fork. Season with pepper and scatter with rosemary mixture.
- Boil, steam or microwave broccolini until tender. Drain. Serve stuffed mushrooms with smashed pumpkin and cooked broccolini, and garnish with basil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.