Chicken, mushroom and fennel risotto
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 4 cups sliced brown mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 reduced-salt chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 400g chicken breast or tenderloins, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Boil 1 litre of water in the kettle.
- In a large saucepan heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over a medium-high heat. Cook leek, fennel and mushrooms, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add arborio rice and half of the thyme. Stir to coat rice in oil.
- Add 1 litre of boiling water and stock cubes to pan. Bring mixture to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan heat remaining oil over a medium heat. Cook chicken, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Stir chicken, any juices and parmesan into risotto. Divide into 4 bowls and serve garnished with remaining thyme and reserved fennel fronds.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us