Chicken, mushroom and fennel risotto
(at time of publication)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 4 cups sliced brown mushrooms
- 1 ¼ cups arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 reduced-salt chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 400g chicken breast or tenderloins, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan
- Boil 1 litre of water in the kettle.
- In a large saucepan heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over a medium-high heat. Cook leek, fennel and mushrooms, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add arborio rice and half of the thyme. Stir to coat rice in oil.
- Add 1 litre of boiling water and stock cubes to pan. Bring mixture to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan heat remaining oil over a medium heat. Cook chicken, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Stir chicken, any juices and parmesan into risotto. Divide into 4 bowls and serve garnished with remaining thyme and reserved fennel fronds.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us