Beef and zucchini meatballs
- 300g sweet potato/ kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 600g pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 400g extra lean beef mince
- 2 zucchini/ courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, coarsely grated
- ¹⁄³ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup store-bought pesto
1 Add sweet potato, pumpkin and the carrot to a saucepan of boiling water. Cook for about 12 minutes, or until vegies are tender. Drain well, allowing to steam dry for 5 minutes. Return to the pan, roughly mash with a masher and stir in 1½ tablespoons olive oil, half the parmesan and season with pepper. Keep warm until serving.
2 Meanwhile, combine the beef mince, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, oregano and half of the parmesan in a bowl. Roll into 20 balls.
3 Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs, turning, for 6–8 minutes until golden and cooked through.
4 Divide mash and meatballs among four plates. Drizzle with pesto, to serve.
In the mood to stock up on food? You can freeze these meatballs for up to 3 months before cooking.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27.0g
–Saturated fat 6.6g
Dietary fibre 8.8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like