Chilli chicken with mint yoghurt and roasted vegetables
Time to make: 1 hr 5 mins
( Hands-on time: 35 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 medium-sized red onion, cut in wedges
- 2 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, coarsely chopped
- 1 small (300g) kumara, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 x 125g chicken breast schnitzels
- oil spray
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 2 x 75g large wholemeal pita pockets, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 lemon, quartered
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine carrot, capsicum, onion, courgettes, kumara, garlic, chilli, ground spices and chicken in a large baking dish. Spray with oil and toss to coat. Remove chicken and transfer to a plate. Roast vegetables for 45 minutes or until almost tender, adding tomatoes in the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
2 Place pitas on oven rack for the last 5 minutes of vegetable cooking time until warmed through and crisp.
3 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook chicken for 2–3 minutes on each side or until browned and just cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, chop two-thirds of the mint. Combine mint and yoghurt in a small bowl and set aside.
5 Just before serving, toss baby spinach through roasted vegetables. Serve chicken, bread, vegetables and lemon wedges with mint yoghurt. Scatter with the remaining mint before serving.
- Use fresh coriander instead of fresh mint.
- Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free bread and check ground spices are gluten free.
Omit or deseed the chilli to reduce the heat if you prefer.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us