Chilli chicken with mint yoghurt and roasted vegetables
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 medium-sized red onion, cut in wedges
- 2 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, coarsely chopped
- 1 small (300g) kumarasweet-potatoX, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 x 125g chicken breast schnitzels
- oil spray
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 2 x 75g large wholemeal pita pockets, halved
- ½ cup fresh mint
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 lemon, quartered
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine carrot, capsicum, onion, courgettes, kumara, garlic, chilli, ground spices and chicken in a large baking dish. Spray with oil and toss to coat. Remove chicken and transfer to a plate. Roast vegetables for 45 minutes or until almost tender, adding tomatoes in the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
2 Place pitas on oven rack for the last 5 minutes of vegetable cooking time until warmed through and crisp.
3 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook chicken for 2–3 minutes on each side or until browned and just cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, chop two-thirds of the mint. Combine mint and yoghurt in a small bowl and set aside.
5 Just before serving, toss baby spinach through roasted vegetables. Serve chicken, bread, vegetables and lemon wedges with mint yoghurt. Scatter with the remaining mint before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Use fresh coriander instead of fresh mint.
- Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free bread and check ground spices are gluten free.
Omit or deseed the chilli to reduce the heat if you prefer.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us