Creamy lemon and vege pasta with Chicken Free Strips
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 cups wholemeal pasta (eg, penne)
- oil spray
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, finely sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus or green beans, sliced
- 200g pack vegetarian chicken alternative strips
- 1 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- zest and juice of 1 lemon (some zest reserved for garnish)
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan, to garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- black pepper, to season
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add spring onions, garlic, courgettes and asparagus. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until veges are just tender. Add chicken alternative strips and stir to combine.
- Add cooked pasta to pan, along with reserved pasta cooking water, yoghurt and lemon juice and zest. Reduce heat and stir, until well combined and pasta is coated with sauce. Add rocket and stir through.
- Divide pasta between 4 serving bowls. Garnish with parmesan, basil, remaining lemon zest and a generous seasoning of black pepper.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5 / 5)