Greek-style lamb shanks
- oil spray
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 lamb shanks (about 900g meat)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary, broken in pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or marjoram, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 600g small/baby potatoes
- 1 red or green capsicum, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 parsnips, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup liquid no-added-salt beef stock
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 420g butter beans, drained, rinsed
1 Preheat slow cooker and turn to low. Heat a non-stick pan with oil spray. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add shanks with olive oil and cook until browned on all sides. Sprinkle with herbs and lemon zest. Leave in pan for a few minutes.
2 Add vegetables to slow cooker with lemon juice, vinegar, stock and tomatoes. Top with shanks. Cook for 6 hours. Add beans and cook for 1 more hour. Season to taste. Serve garnished with fresh herbs if you prefer.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.