Grilled chicken and mash gratin with mustard sauce
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
500g potatoes, peeled, chopped
1/2 head (500g) cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
1/4 cup light sour cream
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
2 cups baby spinach or chopped silver beet
2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
8 (500g) chicken tenderloins
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
1/3 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
cracked black pepper
2 cups steamed green beans, to serve
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Boil potatoes and cauliflower in a saucepan of water for 10-12 minutes, or until tender. Drain well. Return to pan and place over a low heat. Mash veges until smooth. Stir in 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of chives and all baby spinach. Cook, stirring, until spinach just wilts.
- Transfer mash to a 4-cup capacity ovenproof baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate, and cover to keep warm.
- Return the frying pan to a medium heat. Add garlic and mustard, and stir to combine. Add stock, bring to boil, then simmer for 2 minutes, or until reduced by half. Remove pan from heat, stir in the remaining sour cream and chives. Season sauce with cracked black pepper.
- Serve chicken with gratin and steamed green beans, drizzled with mustard sauce.
Make it gluten free: Check light sour cream, mustard and stock are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us