Grilled chicken and mash gratin with mustard sauce
- 500g potatoes, peeled, chopped
- ½ head (500g) cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups baby spinach or chopped silver beet
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- spray oil
- 8 (500g) chicken tenderloins
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- ⅓ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- cracked black pepper
- 2 cups steamed green beans, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Boil potatoes and cauliflower in a saucepan of water for 10-12 minutes, or until tender. Drain well. Return to pan and place over a low heat. Mash veges until smooth. Stir in 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of chives and all baby spinach. Cook, stirring, until spinach just wilts.
- Transfer mash to a 4-cup capacity ovenproof baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate, and cover to keep warm.
- Return the frying pan to a medium heat. Add garlic and mustard, and stir to combine. Add stock, bring to boil, then simmer for 2 minutes, or until reduced by half. Remove pan from heat, stir in the remaining sour cream and chives. Season sauce with cracked black pepper.
- Serve chicken with gratin and steamed green beans, drizzled with mustard sauce.
Make it gluten free: Check light sour cream, mustard and stock are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like