Grilled chicken with creamy potato salad and fresh apricot salsaReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 3 apricots, diced
- ½ spring onion (green part only), finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- zest and juice of ½ lemon pinch salt
- 300g baby potatoes, halved
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- spray oil
- 400g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in two or three pieces
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 3 cups baby spinach or rocketarugulaX
- 2 cups small broccoli florets, blanched
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- In a bowl, combine all salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Bring a pot full of water to the boil. Add potatoes, cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Drain and set aside in a large bowl to cool.
- To make dressing, in a small bowl mix mayonnaise, yoghurt and Dijon mustard.
- Spray a griddle pan or barbecue grill with oil and heat to medium-high. Add chicken thighs and cook, turning, for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through. Squeeze over lemon juice and sprinkle with zest. Remove from heat.
- To the bowl of potatoes, add rocket, broccoli, pepper and mint. Add dressing and mix gently.
- To serve, divide chicken, potato salad and apricot salsa between 2 plates.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise and mustard are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $84. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information