Kumara and avocado bruschettaReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 orange kumarasweet-potatoX, sliced lengthways, 1cm thick
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, fennel and LSA)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup frozen broad beansfavaX, defrosted and skinned
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Bring a medium pot full of water to the boil over a high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and blanch kumara for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool a little.
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil over a high heat. Add eggs, reduce heat to low and boil for 7 minutes until medium-hard boiled. Run under cool water then peel and halve. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir to combine miso and tahini with 1 tablespoon water.
- Place kumara on prepared tray and paint on tahini mix. Sprinkle over seeds. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- In a bowl, combine avocados, broad beans, lemon zest and juice, mint and olive oil.
- To serve, divide kumara among 4 plates. Top with avocado mix, eggs, radishes and garnish with feta.
Make it gluten free: Check miso and tahini are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information