Healthier chicken curry
- spray oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablesoon medium curry powder
- 1 mild fresh red or green chilli, sliced
- 250g punnet fresh vine tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup chicken stock (made using ½ low-salt stock cube)
- 250g skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 100g baby spinach
- ⅔ cup fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 250g pack ready-to-heat basmati rice
- ½ bunch fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
1 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 min or until soft. Add the curry powder, chilli and tomatoes and cook for a further 5 min or until the tomatoes have cooked down. Carefully transfer the mixture to a food processor with the stock and blend until smooth.
2 Clean the pan, then return it to a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add the chicken and cook for 6–8 min until golden and almost cooked through. Add the blended sauce and simmer for 15 min. Stir in the spinach and half of the yoghurt, then simmer for 2–3 min until the spinach has wilted. Meanwhile, heat the rice according to the pack instructions.
3 Stir most of the coriander into the curry. Serve with the rice, topped with the remaining yoghurt and the rest of the coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5.3g
–Saturated fat 0.9g
Dietary fibre 5.6g
Last updated date: 30 November 2020
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information