Lamb and cauliflower brown rice pilaf
(at time of publication)
- olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoons garam masala
- 400g lean lamb mince
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 cups reduced-salt beef stock
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds, to garnish
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
- 2 cups steamed green beans, to serve
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium heat. Gently fry onion for 4–5 minutes, or until softened. Increase heat to high. Add garlic, garam masala and mince. Cook for 5 minutes or until lamb is browned.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add rice, carrot and stock to pan. Gently simmer for 15–20 minutes, or until stock has been absorbed and carrot and rice are tender. Add cauliflower in final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Divide pilaf between serving plates. Garnish with almonds and coriander and serve with beans.
Don’t have garam masala on hand? You can replace it with 1 tablespoon curry powder.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spice and stock are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us