Pan-fried fish with warm potato salad
- 750g new potatoes in their skins, scrubbed and halved if large
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, halved and sliced
- 100g baby spinach
- 4 x 170g thick skinless white fish fillets
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- spray oil
- For the lemon dressing
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 anchovies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
1 Cook the potatoes in a medium pan of boiling water for 15 min or until tender. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and courgettes. Drain the potatoes, then transfer to a large bowl with the steamed broccoli and courgettes. Gently toss through the baby spinach.
2 Whiz the dressing ingredients in a mini food processor or with a hand blender (leave coarse). Season with pepper, then toss with the potatoes and veg. Set aside.
3 Pat the fish dry with kitchen paper, then season with the chilli flakes. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a medium-high heat. Add the fish and fry for 3 min. Turn and fry on the other side for 2–3 min until cooked through.
4 Divide the salad and fish among 4 bowls, then serve garnished with parsley and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.1g
–Saturated fat 1.5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like