Pan-fried fish with warm potato salad
- 750g new potatoes in their skins, scrubbed and halved if large
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, halved and sliced
- 100g baby spinach
- 4 x 170g thick skinless white fish fillets
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- spray oil
- For the lemon dressing
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 anchovies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
1 Cook the potatoes in a medium pan of boiling water for 15 min or until tender. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and courgettes. Drain the potatoes, then transfer to a large bowl with the steamed broccoli and courgettes. Gently toss through the baby spinach.
2 Whiz the dressing ingredients in a mini food processor or with a hand blender (leave coarse). Season with pepper, then toss with the potatoes and veg. Set aside.
3 Pat the fish dry with kitchen paper, then season with the chilli flakes. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a medium-high heat. Add the fish and fry for 3 min. Turn and fry on the other side for 2–3 min until cooked through.
4 Divide the salad and fish among 4 bowls, then serve garnished with parsley and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.1g
–Saturated fat 1.5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information