Cheesy roast pumpkin ‘nachos’
- 1kg pumpkin, unpeeled, seeded, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 400g extra lean beef mince
- ½ cup passata
- 310g can corn sweetcornXkernels, rinsed, drained
- 2 x 125g cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- ²⁄³ cup reduced-fat grated cheese
- 250g mixed tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- fresh coriandercilantroX sprigs, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Arrange pumpkin on prepared tray. Sprinkle with cumin. Season. Lightly spray with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until just tender.
2 Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add passata and cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes or until thickened.
3 Put corn and beans in a bowl, mixing to combine. Top pumpkin with beef mixture, corn mixture and cheese. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
4 Top pumpkin nachos with tomato and avocado. Add dollops of yoghurt over the top, sprinkle with coriander, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.2g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information