Low-FODMAP spaghetti bolognese
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil (see tip)
- 500g premium beef mince
- 400g can no-added-salt plain crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 cup finely chopped leeks, green part only
- 4 cups roughly chopped baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 250g gluten-free spaghetti*
- 2 large carrots, sliced in sticks or 260g baby carrots
- 1 ½ cups (190g) chopped green beans
- 40g shaved parmesan, to serve (optional)
- handful torn fresh basil leaves, to serve
- *Check Italian herbs and spaghetti for added high-FODMAP ingredients, such as onion or garlic powder, soy flour, chickpeagarbanzoX (besan) flour and inulin.
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add garlic-infused oil and mince. Cook until browned.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, leek, spinach and Italian herbs. Stir and allow to simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add another sprinkle of Italian herbs, if needed.
- Cook spaghetti according to packet directions. In a saucepan of boiling water blanch carrot and beans for 2-3 minutes, until just tender.
- Serve bolognese on top of spaghetti with vegetables on the side. Sprinkle with parmesan (if using) and basil. Divide into 4 serves to keep your meal low FODMAP.
Make it gluten free: Check tomato paste is gluten free.
Choose a clear garlic-infused oil that doesn’t contain garlic pieces.
What is the low-FODMAP diet?
The low-FODMAP diet is used by people with gastrointestinal disorders, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome. While these recipes are suitable for everyone, the diet is restrictive and not suitable for people without these conditions.
Low-FODMAP spicy lentil soup
Low-FODMAP seared steak with maple mustard sauce and quinoa salad
Low-FODMAP teriyaki chicken stir-fry
All our low-fodmap recipes, plus more low-fodmap options
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 145g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Low FODMAP recipes for IBS
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.