Low-FODMAP seared steak with maple mustard sauce and quinoa salad
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups chopped buttercup squash (in 2cm cubes)
- 2 medium carrots, cut in 2cm cubes
- 2 cups chopped eggplantaubergineX (in 2.5cm cubes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard*
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- spray oil
- 500g lean rump steak, fat trimmed, cut in 4 steaks
- 1 ¼ cups frozen green beans
- 3 cups cooked red quinoa, to serve
- 4 cups mesclun salad leaves, to serve
- *Check Dijon mustard does not contain garlic.
- Preheat oven to 210°C fan bake. In a roasting dish combine squash, carrots and eggplant. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until soft and slightly golden, stirring once during cooking.
- To make maple mustard dressing, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, maple syrup and vinegar until smooth. Season with pepper.
- Spray a large non-stick fry pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook steak for about 2 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- While steak rests, in a small saucepan of boiling water blanch green beans for 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- Serve steak with quinoa, salad leaves, roasted vegetables and beans. Drizzle with maple mustard sauce.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise and mustard are gluten free.
What is the low-FODMAP diet?
The low-FODMAP diet is used by people with gastrointestinal disorders, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome. While these recipes are suitable for everyone, the diet is restrictive and not suitable for people without these conditions.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts. And see our article: What nuts are low-fodmap?
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.