Mediterranean beef stroganoff
(at time of publication)
- 1 small orange kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, chopped
- oil spray
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 120g lean beef stir-fry strips
- 2 teaspoons Mediterranean Paste (we used Gourmet Garden)
- ½ cup liquid salt-reduced beef stock made with ½ cup boiling water and ½ teaspoon salt-reduced beef stock powder
- ⅓ cup chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup stir-fry vegetables
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat crème fraîche
1 Place kumara in a pan with water and cook for 10-12 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook onion and mushrooms until softened.
2 Add a little more oil spray. Add beef. Cook until evenly browned. Add paste and toss to coat beef. Add stock and chickpeas and bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, stir-fry or cook vegetables in the microwave or for a few minutes in boiling water until tender. Drain kumara then mash. Stir crème fraîche through beef. Serve with kumara and stir-fry veges.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free beef stock and check crème fraîche is gluten free.
- Instead of Mediterranean Paste, use tomato paste or sun-dried tomato pesto (check gluten free if applicable).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us