- small (300g) kumarasweet-potatoX, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups frozen corn sweetcornXkernels, thawed
- 1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground coriandercilantroX
- 8 eggs whisked with ½ cup skim milk
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 small avocado, cut into thin wedges
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette (see tips)
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat. Cook kumara for 6-8 minutes, or until just tender. Drain. Cut into wedges.
2 In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof frying pan, heat oil over medium. Cook corn and capsicum, stirring, for 5-7 minutes, or until capsicum is almost tender. Add kumara, black beans and ground coriander. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
3 Season whisked eggs and milk well with black pepper, to taste. Pour over the bean mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until frittata is beginning to set around the edges. Scatter with half of the coriander leaves. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and just set.
4 To serve, top frittata with avocado, chilli and remaining coriander leaves. Slice and divide among plates with dressed salad leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check ground coriander is gluten free.
Balsamic vinaigrette: Make up a week’s worth in a jar using 1 part olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like