Minted haloumi salad
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock made with 1 teaspoon salt-reduced stock powder and 2 cups water
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 425g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 120g haloumi cheese, chopped in chunks
- 4 cups fresh rocketarugulaX
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 Cook quinoa following packet directions then set aside to cool.
2 Heat a non-stick frying pan. Add haloumi and fry until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
3 In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Add quinoa and haloumi. Sprinkle over lemon zest and drizzle with lemon juice. Mix well.
4 Serve with extra chopped fresh mint if you prefer.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock and check haloumi is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us