Warm pork, eggplant and almond lettuce wraps
- 1 large eggplantaubergineX, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1½ tablespoons reduced-salt, gluten-free tamari
- ½ cup coriandercilantroX leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra leaves, to garnish
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted almonds, chopped
- 8 iceberg lettuce cups
- 1 large carrot, shredded or grated
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced, to garnish
1 Spray a large wok with olive oil and set over high heat. Stir-fry eggplant for 3–4 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
2 Return wok to a medium-high heat and spray with a little more oil. Stir-fry the garlic and chilli for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add pork and stir-fry, breaking up the mince with the back of a spoon, for 3–4 minutes, or until the mince is browned. Add the diced capsicum and the zucchini; stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until just tender.
3 Return the eggplant to wok with the tamari, coriander and almonds. Stir-fry until heated through. Fill lettuce cups with grated carrot and top with pork mixture. Garnish with shallots and extra coriander leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21.1g
–Saturated fat 5.7g
Dietary fibre 9.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information