Nectarine almond sponge
- 115g reduced-fat spread
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour or gluten-free baking mix
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- 3 nectarines or peaches, de- stonepitXd, sliced
- icingfrostingX sugar, to sprinkle
1 Line a 20cm baking tin with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cream spread with sugar until light and creamy.
2 Add eggs and beat in. Fold in flour and ground almonds. Add essence.
3 Scatter half the stone fruit over the base of prepared tin. Top with sponge mixture and spread to cover evenly. Scatter over the remaining fruit. Level the surface.
4 Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free baking mix (same quantity) instead of self-raising flour.