Pesto roast chicken
(at time of publication)
- 6 small chicken breasts, skin removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh pesto
- 3 tablespoons marinated red capsicum, drained, rinsed and sliced
- 1 small handful fresh basil
1 Preheat the oven to 190°C. Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally without cutting all the way through and open it out flat. Season with salt and pepper, then spread the pesto across one half of each breast. Top with the red pepper and basil, then close each piece to encase the filling.
2 Put onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Slice each piece in half and serve.
Serve as part of this stunning three-course menu for six that will wow your guests and is ready in an hour!
Speedy chef countdown
Follow our countdown to guarantee you’ll have everything on the table in just one hour.
- 60 minutes to go… Preheat oven to 190°C. Make salmon dip. Prepare bread for baking and bake.
- 50 minutes to go… Make Frozen berry pots. Freeze.
- 40 minutes to go… Soak couscous. Prepare chicken for roasting. Remove bread from oven and set aside to cool.
- 30 minutes to go… Roast chicken. Chop veges for the entrée.
- 20 minutes to go… Put a pan of water on for the greens. Complete couscous recipe.
- 10 minutes to go… Cook greens, complete recipe and keep warm. Put entrée on the table. Remove chicken from oven and leave to rest in a warm place.
- 0 minutes to go… Pour yourself a well-deserved glass of wine. Dinner is served!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.