Smoked salmon dip
(at time of publication)
- 6 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons light crème fraîche
- 200g pack smoked salmon slices, chopped (I used Regal)
- zest of 1 lemon (reserve the rest of the lemon for the couscous recipe)
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- selection of raw veges for dipping such as red capsicum and celery, chopped
1 Preheat the oven to 190°C. Put the bread onto a flat baking sheet, drizzle over the oil and scatter over the rosemary. Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
2 Meanwhile, put the crème fraîche into a bowl with the salmon, lemon zest, capers, dill and pepper. Mix together, then spoon into a serving dish. Cover and chill.
3 Chop the veges and arrange on a serving plate with the herb toasts.
Serve as part of this stunning three-course menu for six that will wow your guests and is ready in an hour!
Speedy chef countdown
Follow our countdown to guarantee you’ll have everything on the table in just one hour.
- 60 minutes to go… Preheat oven to 190°C. Make salmon dip. Prepare bread for baking and bake.
- 50 minutes to go… Make Frozen berry pots. Freeze.
- 40 minutes to go… Soak couscous. Prepare chicken for roasting. Remove bread from oven and set aside to cool.
- 30 minutes to go… Roast chicken. Chop veges for the entrée.
- 20 minutes to go… Put a pan of water on for the greens. Complete couscous recipe.
- 10 minutes to go… Cook greens, complete recipe and keep warm. Put entrée on the table. Remove chicken from oven and leave to rest in a warm place.
- 0 minutes to go… Pour yourself a well-deserved glass of wine. Dinner is served!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6.6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.