(at time of publication)
- 2 cups couscous
- juice of 1 lemon (use the zested lemon from the entrée)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- ½ cup basil leaves, shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Put the couscous into a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water, then cover with a plate or plastic wrap and soak for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork, then stir in the lemon juice, oil, apricots, cranberries and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Serve as part of this stunning three-course menu for six that will wow your guests and is ready in an hour!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5.1g
–Saturated fat 0.9g
Dietary fibre 4.6g
Speedy chef countdown
Follow our countdown to guarantee you’ll have everything on the table in just one hour.
- 60 minutes to go… Preheat oven to 190°C. Make salmon dip. Prepare bread for baking and bake.
- 50 minutes to go… Make Frozen berry pots. Freeze.
- 40 minutes to go… Soak couscous. Prepare chicken for roasting. Remove bread from oven and set aside to cool.
- 30 minutes to go… Roast chicken. Chop veges for the entrée.
- 20 minutes to go… Put a pan of water on for the greens. Complete couscous recipe.
- 10 minutes to go… Cook greens, complete recipe and keep warm. Put entrée on the table. Remove chicken from oven and leave to rest in a warm place.
- 0 minutes to go… Pour yourself a well-deserved glass of wine. Dinner is served!
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us