Pumpkin and kumara curryReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 500g pumpkin (about ⅓ crown pumpkin), skin removed and chopped
- 2 kumarasweet-potatoX, skin removed and chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup water
- 1 bunch fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- oil spray
1 Spray a large pan with oil and heat. Add garlic and fresh ginger, fry for 3 minutes, then add spices and combine well into a paste.
2 Add pumpkin and kumara, mix well, then add chopped tomatoes, water and half of the fresh coriander.
3 Simmer for 20 minutes until pumpkin and kumara are tender.
4 Take off the heat, add lemon juice and the rest of the coriander.
5 Serve with naan bread and mint yoghurt.
Make it gluten free: Check canned tomatoes are gluten free, and serve with gluten-free naan and yoghurt (if using).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1.9g
–Saturated fat 0.5g
Dietary fibre 6.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information