Pumpkin and kumara curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g pumpkin (about 1/3 crown pumpkin), skin removed and chopped
- 2 kumarasweet-potatoX, skin removed and chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bunch fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- oil spray
Total fat 1.9g
Saturated fat 0.5g
Dietary fibre 6.5g
1 Spray a large pan with oil and heat. Add garlic and fresh ginger, fry for 3 minutes, then add spices and combine well into a paste.
2 Add pumpkin and kumara, mix well, then add chopped tomatoes, water and half of the fresh coriander.
3 Simmer for 20 minutes until pumpkin and kumara are tender.
4 Take off the heat, add lemon juice and the rest of the coriander.
5 Serve with naan bread and mint yoghurt.
Make it gluten free: Check canned tomatoes are gluten free, and serve with gluten-free naan and yoghurt (if using).
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (4 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us