Quick pineapple prawn stir-fry
- 227g can pineapple chunks, drained, with juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 large red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 2 red capsicums, diced
- 2 courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, roughly chopped
- 2 cups frozen edamame beans, defrosted
- 500g frozen prawns, defrosted
- 2 x 250g pouches steamed brown rice
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
1 In a small saucepan add the pineapple juice and soy sauce and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5–6 minutes to form a thin sauce.
2 Meanwhile in a large frying pan, heat sesame oil and add the ginger, chilli, kaffir leaves and vegetables. Stir fry for 2–3 minutes before adding the prawns and cooking for a further 2–3 minutes. Add the pineapple chunks and sauce and heat through.
3 Cook rice following packet instructions. Serve prawn stir-fry with rice. Garnish with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like