Quick pineapple prawn stir-fry
(at time of publication)
- 227g can pineapple chunks, drained, with juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 large red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 2 red capsicums, diced
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, roughly chopped
- 2 cups frozen edamame beans, defrosted
- 500g frozen prawns, defrosted
- 2 x 250g pouches steamed brown rice
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
1 In a small saucepan add the pineapple juice and soy sauce and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5–6 minutes to form a thin sauce.
2 Meanwhile in a large frying pan, heat sesame oil and add the ginger, chilli, kaffir leaves and vegetables. Stir fry for 2–3 minutes before adding the prawns and cooking for a further 2–3 minutes. Add the pineapple chunks and sauce and heat through.
3 Cook rice following packet instructions. Serve prawn stir-fry with rice. Garnish with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information