- 4 teaspoons tikka or korma curry paste
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt, plus 4 tablespoons to serve
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 300g pack Quorn pieces, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 x 250g packs Tilda Steamed Brown Basmati Rice & Quinoa or 2-3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 400g frozen vegetables (we used Wattie’s International Mix) fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish toasted flaked almonds, to garnish
1 In a bowl, combine curry paste, yoghurt and lemon juice. Add Quorn and toss to coat. Set aside.
2 Bring a pan of water to the boil then lower to a rapid simmer. Add eggs to pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place eggs in cold water to cool.
3 Meanwhile, cook rice following packet instructions (if using ready rice).
4 In a frying pan, heat oil over medium. Add onions and cook for 5-6 minutes, until softened and lightly tinged golden. Add Quorn and cook for 4 minutes, stirring a few times.
5 Cook frozen veges following packet instructions.
6 In a large bowl, combine rice, Quorn, onions and veges. Spoon onto 4 plates. Peel and halve eggs and divide among plates. Garnish with coriander and a sprinkle of almonds.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
You can marinate the Quorn for longer for a more intense flavour.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us