Sausage, tomato and capsicum pasta
(at time of publication)
- 1kg dried pasta such as penne
- 6 good quality sausages (Italian pork flavour is nice)
- olive spray oil
- 2 red capsicums, sliced thinly
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 5 cups rocketarugulaX or baby spinach
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
1 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain, reserving half a cup of pasta water. Spray with a little oil and set aside.
2 Chop sausages in bite-sized pieces. Heat a large pan and spray with oil. Add sausages and stir-fry until browned and cooked through. Add capsicum and cook for 5 more minutes.
3 Add cherry tomatoes and stir-fry another 5 minutes, then add pasta, rocket, lemon juice, zest and sour cream. Stir well to combine, adding some pasta water to make a sauce.
4 Garnish with parsley and parmesan and serve with a green salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.