South Indian spiced fish with shredded carrot and coconut salad
(at time of publication)
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets
- 4 carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 6 cups spinach, washed, trimmed, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriandercilantroX leaves
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 naan breads, warmed, halved, to serve
1 Place mustard and cumin seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and pound until finely crushed. Add turmeric, onion powder and lime zest, and stir to combine. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over fish and spray lightly with olive oil.
2 Heat barbecue hotplate or large chargrill pan to a high heat. Grill fish for 2-3 minutes, each side, or until cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, place carrot, spinach, coriander, coconut, lime juice and olive oil in a large salad bowl and toss gently to combine. Serve spiced fish with shredded carrot salad, warm naan and lime wedges.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free naan and check spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.