Spanish-style chorizo frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 100g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 8 eggs whisked with ½ cup trim milk
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons small mint leaves
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette
- 4 slices mixed grain bread and a little reduced-fat spread, to serve
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof frying pan, heat half of the oil over medium. Cook the red onion, capsicum and chorizo, stirring, for 7 minutes. Add the paprika and peas. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2 Season whisked eggs and milk well with black pepper, to taste. Add to the chorizo mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until frittata is beginning to set around the edges. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine spring onion, tomatoes and vinegar and season with black pepper.
4 To serve, slice and top frittata with tomato mix and mint. Divide among plates with dressed salad leaves and bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check chorizo and paprika are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us