Spicy chicken salad bowl
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 flour tortilla, wholemeal
- oil spray
- 75g cooked lean chicken
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 4 leaves little gem or baby cos lettuce
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 2 peppadew peppersbell peppersX, chopped
- 1/3 cup canned red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1/4 ripe avocado, diced (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pinch of chilli flakes
Total fat 29g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. To make tortilla basket, microwave tortilla for 20 seconds then push into a small ovenproof bowl. Line tortilla with tinfoil then cook in oven for 5 minutes until crisp. Cool slightly before removing from dish.
2 Mix all salad ingredients together. Mix dressing ingredients together and use to coat salad. Spoon mixture into tortilla bowl to fill. Serve any extra on the side. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free maize tortilla instead of a flour tortilla.
Use the remaining avocado to make a dip by mixing with low-fat yoghurt, a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of chilli powder. Chill or place in the freezer.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)