Spicy eggplant buckwheat salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, sliced
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, halved then sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1-2 teaspoons liquid honey (optional)
- 250g buckwheat
- ⅓ cup fresh mint
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Layer vegetables on a baking tray. Spray with olive oil. Mix harissa and honey (if using) together and brush over vegetables. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, cook buckwheat in a pan of boiling water, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Once cooked, drain and place in a serving bowl. Add vegetables with mint, lemon and chickpeas. Season. Toss well. Add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil. Serve garnished with extra fresh mint if you prefer.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information