Spinach and ricotta omelette stackReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 8 eggs
- 200g frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 4 slices wholegrain sourdough bread, to toast and serve
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves drizzled with balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place tomatoes on tray and roast for 15 minutes, or until soft and just starting to blister.
- Meanwhile, spray a small (about 10 cm) non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium heat. Whisk 2 of the eggs in a small bowl and pour half the mixture into pan. Sprinkle egg mixture with an eighth of the parmesan and spinach. Fry for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly golden and cooked through. Do not flip the omelette, but remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining eggs, parmesan and spinach to make 7 more omelettes.
- For each portion place one omelette onto a serving plate. Scatter over some ricotta. Stack another omelette on top. Add more ricotta and top with 1/4 of the tomatoes. Serve with sourdough toast and salad.
Make it low FODMAP and/or gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information