Sunday night noodlesReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 250g rice noodles
- spray oil
- 16 prawns, defrosted, shelled and tails removed
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste (see tip) or Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups chopped bok choy or spinach
- 4 carrots, cut in ribbons
- 3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts or roasted cashews
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 sliced red chilli or ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 Cook rice noodles following packet directions. Drain and set aside. In a jug combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
2 Heat a wok or large pan over a medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Add prawns, chicken and chilli paste. Stir-fry until prawns are coloured and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Spray pan with oil and add bok choy, carrots and spring onions. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add noodles to pan, toss to combine and stir-fry for 1 more minute. Add sauce to pan and toss to coat noodles. Return prawn mixture to pan, with peanuts and lime leaves (if using). Toss to combine and serve immediately.
I used chilli paste with soy bean oil, available from Asian supermarkets, also known as Nam Prik Prao, or roasted chilli paste.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information