Spice-crusted chicken on chickpea and walnut salad
- 2 teaspoons coriandercilantroX seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 x 200g skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup wholemeal couscous
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 1 large bunch spinach, leaves shredded
- 250g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 Combine the coriander seeds, sesame seeds, cinnamon and cumin on a large plate. Lightly spray the chicken with oil. Press chicken into spice mixture to evenly coat.
2 Lightly spray a large chargrill or barbecue with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, for 5 minutes each side, or until it is golden and cooked through. Transfer to a board and set aside to rest for 2–3 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Add ½ cup boiling water and stir to combine. Cover and set aside for 3 minutes. Fluff and separate grains with a fork.
4 Add the chickpeas, spinach, tomatoes, walnuts, juice and oil, and stir to combine into a salad. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Thickly slice the chicken and serve atop the salad.
Serve this lovely low-calorie salad as a warm dinner, or use leftovers (if there are any!) for a cold lunch next day.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13.6g
–Saturated fat 1.6g
Dietary fibre 10.4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.