Sweet corn fritters with smoked salmon and avocado salsa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- kernels sliced off 2 large corn sweetcornXcobs, or 2 cups frozen sweet corn sweetcornXkernels (thawed)
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- small bunch fresh coriandercilantroX stems and leaves, plus extra 1/2 cup leaves for salsa
- 2 eggs
- pinch of chilli flakes
- olive oil spray
- 1 medium avocado, stonepitXd, diced
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 200g smoked salmon slices, to serve
- 8 lime wedges, to serve (optional)
Total fat 34g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Place corn kernels, flour, coriander, egg and chilli flakes in a food processor. Blend until batter is combined, but still slightly chunky.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over high heat. Add 1/4 cupfuls of batter to pan and cook for 1–2 minutes per side, or until fritters are golden brown and cooked through.
3 Combine extra coriander leaves, avocado, tomato and onion in a small bowl to make salsa. Drizzle with oil and lime juice.
4 Place 2 fritters on each plate and top with salsa. Add smoked salmon and 2 lime wedges (if using). Serve immediately.
- To keep the cost down, use lemons instead of limes, or use packaged lime juice.
- If you don’t like red onion, you can substitute this for spring onion.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free self-raising flour.