Sweet corn soup with parmesan toasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, chopped in 1cm pieces
- 4 cups corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup boiling liquid salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1 cup boiling water
- 250g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 Lebanese bread or large wrap, quartered
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 tablespoons vinaigrette made with 3 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place onion, kumara, corn, garlic, stock and water in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until kumara is tender.
2 Purée soup with a stick blender. Add ricotta and blend again until smooth.
3 Meanwhile, lightly spray bread with oil. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden. Break in pieces to serve with soup.
4 Sprinkle soup with parsley, drizzle with yoghurt and serve with toasts and dressed salad.
Make it gluten free: Check stock, yoghurt and dressing are gluten free, and use gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.