Tasty beef soup
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 400g lean beef, cut in small pieces
- spray oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 swede, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup diced pumpkin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bouquet garni (see tip)
- 1-2 teaspoons dried red chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cups salt-reduced liquid beef stock made with 3 cups water and 2 teaspoons salt-reduced beef stock powder
- 100g vermicelli noodles
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Turn slow cooker on to low. Heat a non-stick pan with oil and brown beef in batches. Place in slow cooker. Brown onions in pan with a little oil spray. Add to slow cooker.
2 Place all the remaining ingredients except noodles in slow cooker. Stir well. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Mix well. Season.
3 Cook noodles following packet directions and add to pot for the final 10 minutes. Serve soup garnished with chopped fresh parsley if preferred.
- The chilli flakes give this soup a little kick. Omit chilli flakes for a less spicy taste.
- Make it gluten free: Check tomato paste, stock and noodles are gluten free.
Find the bouquet garni — a tea-bag sachet of mixed dried herbs — in the dried herbs section at the supermarket.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.